Solution to my Firefox lockups

I’ve been having some problems lately with Firefox randomly locking up (this is on OSX 10.3). It’s been driving me bonkers. I’ve tried doing some troubleshooting on it and I’ve been *fairly* certain that it’s related to one or more of my plugins, but I haven’t been able to figure out which one specifically. Until now that is. So far I am *fairly* certain I’ve fixed the problems by taking the following steps:

  • Disable the “notify me of updates” feature in switchproxy.
  • Disable the periodic check for updates for firefox and for extensions and themes.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s